Tsugami/Rem Sales is a division of Morris Group, Inc. Morris is a privately held company that owns and operates fourteen divisions that supply high performance machine tools and related technology to manufacturers throughout North America. It is also the largest machine tool distribution company in the eastern half of the United States, and the exclusive source for Tsugami Precision CNC Lathes, Vertical Machining Centers, Horizontal Machining Centers and Multi-tasking machines in North America. The firm’s headquarters is in Windsor, Connecticut.
Robert E. Morris, founder of The Robert E. Morris Company, established what is now Tsugami/Rem Sales in 1957.
In 1978, the company became the exclusive North American source for Precision Tsugami machine tools, and since then the division’s only mission has been to enhance and promote Tsugami CNC machine tools and innovative engineering solutions in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Field Service Technician is responsible for the repair and maintenance of TSUGAMI machine tool equipment, controls and other related components purchased by customers. This position works independently to ensure the highest level of quality and customer service satisfaction.
- Travel to customer sites to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all machine tool equipment and controls for customer organizations.
- Identify areas for performance improvement on equipment; perform and promote preventative maintenance on customer machine tool equipment.
- Detect and resolve issues with electrical and mechanical components.
- Utilize machine tool manuals, technical documents, and internal and vendor resources to research machine issues.
- Effectively communicate machine issues, status of install or status of machine repair to customer. Ensure proper documentation is completed and submitted to office and customer (i.e. service report, install report).
- Make certain that customer commitments are executed as planned to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain partner relationships with our suppliers and vendors. (techs do not communicate with Tsugami directly)
- Exhibit ownership of customer related problems and coordinate with appropriate departments when necessary for resolution of problems to ensure customer service satisfaction.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Participate in meetings, seminars, and training sessions to stay apprised of new developments in the field.
- Maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of product lines represented by the company.
- Stay abreast of vendor products and new technology and implements as appropriate.
- Maintain/enhance knowledge of vendor products and new technology.
- As a component of after-sales technical support, conduct machine maintenance training.
- Perform related duties as required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustration of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar or a logical assignment to the position.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Associate’s degree in a related field is preferred; High School Diploma/GED from a technical school is required.
- Minimum of one year of applicable experience is required.
- Familiarity with the use of precision measuring equipment (dial indicators, micrometers)
- Experience with precision rotating machinery, spindles, precision bearings (optional)
- One to three years of experience working with CNC controls.
- Basic understanding of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics.
- Problem solving skills and attention to detail with technical aptitude is required.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and schematics.
- Strong understanding of customer requirements.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in software associated with Microsoft programs and other related business programs, as required.
- Must be able to work unscheduled overtime without notice.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- If Company vehicle is not provided, must have access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to travel up to 100% of the workweek; some overnight travel required. (techs are always traveling to customer sites)
- May be required to travel domestically within US.
- May be required to travel internationally (Canada, Mexico, Japan).
- (Rem supplies all tools-tech can use personal tools but we supply basic tools to ensure quality and function of tools)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals and groups, both professional and non-professional, co-workers, management personnel, the public and others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities.
- Able to think quickly, assess a situation and make a sound decision.
- Solid written and verbal communication, listening, organization and priority setting skills.
- Ability to perform job with integrity and values consistent with the Morris Group Values.
Mental and physical requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be highly mobile, able to access all areas of the premises.
- Ability to concentrate and remain focused while handling multiple tasks, responsibilities and projects.
- Must be able to perform bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and lifting of moderate to heavy weight material up to 100 lbs. with assistance from equipment or other employees.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, and reach with hands and arms.
- Vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to keep his/her composure with the public and co-workers in everyday, stressful situations.
We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits packages, and tuition reimbursement.
Morris Group, Inc., including all operating subsidiaries, is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.