Summary of Responsibility:
The Shipping/Receiving Coordinator is responsible to obtain and process product orders, including receiving deliveries, registering them and distributing packages and letters within the company. Schedule shipments and plan logistics to ensure that there is sufficient storage space for incoming items, keep files of goods shipped and received. Trouble shoot shipping, receiving and inventory issues. Place products in warehouse or storage facility by labeling and packaging, lifting items as needed, operating forklift and pallet jacks.
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Assemble and prepare orders for shipment.
- Organize Warehouse and work area for orderliness.
- Examine outgoing shipments to ensure shipment meet requirements.
- Unpack and examine incoming shipments, reject damaged items, record shortages, and correspond with shipper to damages and shortages.
- Sort and place material or items on racks, shelves, or in bins.
- Perform related duties as required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustration of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar or a logical assignment to the position.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three years or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Intermediate level skills in software associated with Microsoft programs and other related business programs, as required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals and groups, both professional and non-professional, co-workers, management personnel, the public and others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Able to think quickly, assess a situation and make a sound decision.
- Ability to perform job with integrity and values consistent with the Morris Group Values.
- Experience with Kardex Remstar storage module is preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Experience with foreign and domestic shipping carriers
- Ability to operate a forklift
Mental and physical requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be highly mobile, able to access all areas of the premises.
- Ability to concentrate and remain focused while handling multiple tasks, responsibilities and projects.
- Ability to sit for prolonged period of times.
- Must be able to perform bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and lifting of moderate to heavy weight material up to 50 lbs. with assistance from equipment or other employees.
- Ability to frequently use hands and arms to finger and reach.
- Vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to keep his/her composure with the public and co-workers in everyday, stressful situations.
We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits packages, and tuition reimbursement.
Tsugami/Rem Sales is a division of Morris Group, Inc. Morris is a privately held company that owns and operates fourteen divisions that supply high performance machine tools and related technology to manufacturers throughout North America. It is also the largest machine tool distribution company in the eastern half of the United States, and the exclusive source for Tsugami Precision CNC Lathes, Vertical Machining Centers, Horizontal Machining Centers and Multi-tasking machines in North America. The firm’s headquarters is in Windsor, Connecticut.
Morris Group, Inc., including all operating subsidiaries, is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.