Summary of responsibility:
As a CNC Applications Engineer, you will be responsible for meeting and exceeding customer needs in an industrial environment by using innovative instruments, sophisticated computer systems and knowledge of programming and engineering. The Applications Engineer will be technically inclined and will run and process parts on Tsugami machine tools. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Running turnkey projects, demonstrations, and other customer related projects to ensure they are completed on time and within budget
- Conducting pre-sale activities and reviews including customer visits, evaluation of opportunities, machine assessment and recommendations, part processing recommendations and development of turnkey proposal
- Developing/ implementing custom demonstrations and training customers in the safe set up and operation of CNC machining centers, lathes, grinders, Swiss style lathes and/ or multi-tasking machines
- Exhibits ownership of customer related problems and coordination with sales and service departments when vital for resolution of problems to ensure customer service happiness.
- Conducts training of customers in the safe set-up and operation of CNC machining centers, lathes, grinders, Swiss style lathes and/or multi-tasking machines.
- Making accurate cost estimates, writing engineering reports, and interpreting plans and specifications
- Develops and implements custom demonstrations at multiple distribution locations and vendor facilities.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrative of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar or a logical assignment to the position.
Qualifications and proficiencies:
- Experience in tool related engineering, manufacturing, and related technical application knowledge preferred.
- Possessing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of machine tool industry and product lines represented by the company
- Sophisticated understanding of CNC machine technology and applications with previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Fanuc based controls.
- Experience with CAD/CAM software, preferred but not required.
- Intermediate to sophisticated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Validated project management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple priorities.
- Able to think quickly, assess a situation and make a sound decision.
- Validated written and verbal communication, listening, organization and priority setting skills.
- Ability to craft and deliver technical presentations clearly and concisely to non-technical persons, customers and the public.
- Understands and is aware of budgets and/or financial goals.
- Ability to perform job with integrity and values consistent with the Morris Group Values
Mental and physical requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to optimally perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be highly mobile, able to access all areas of the premises.
- Ability to concentrate and remain focused while prioritizing multiple tasks, responsibilities and projects.
- Must be able to perform bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and lifting of moderate to heavyweight material up to 50 lbs.
- Is frequently required to use hands to finger and reach with hands and arms.
- Vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to keep their composure with the public and co-workers in everyday, stressful situations.
We offer competitive salary, bonus program, comprehensive benefits packages, and tuition reimbursement.
Tsugami/Rem Sales is a division of Morris Group, Inc. Morris is a privately held company that owns and operates fourteen divisions that supply high performance machine tools and related technology to manufacturers throughout North America. It is also the largest machine tool distribution company in the eastern half of the United States, and the exclusive source for Tsugami Precision CNC Lathes, Vertical Machining Centers, Horizontal Machining Centers and Multi-tasking machines in North America. The firm’s headquarters is in Windsor, Connecticut.
Morris Group, Inc., including all operating subsidiaries, is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.